The trick to automatically empty the recycle bin on Windows 10
The system recycle bin has an essential role: it allows you to recover accidentally deleted files. The files in it can stay there for a very long time. When they are large, they are likely to be problematic, especially if the disk space is small. In this configuration, the Windows recycle bin must be emptied more regularly. If you are one of the Windows users who very rarely empty their trash, here is a little trick that will help you avoid this task.
1. Go to the Windows settings by combining the "Windows + I" keys. You can also go to the system settings by entering the "settings" query in the Start menu.
2. Then go to System > Storage
3. Click on "Change the way we automatically free up space"
4. Activate "Storage Sens", the storage wizard. You can configure it to launch automatically at the chosen frequency (daily, weekly, or monthly), or simply when disk space is considered low.
5. In the "Temporary files" section, check the box "Delete temporary files that my applications do not use". You can then specify a deletion frequency for the files in the recycle bin (never, 1 day, 14 days, 30 days, 60 days).
Using the storage wizard, the system will automatically empty the recycle bin according to the chosen deletion frequency.
In the event of accidental deletion, be aware that you can try to recover the deleted files using data recovery software. These tools are quite effective, especially when it is a recent deletion and there is very little movement on your hard disk (adding, moving or copying files, defragmentation, etc.).
Author : Nicolas JJE
- Laisser un avis
Articles on the Same Subject
- We played Harry Potter Wizards Unite: all the information about the game here! Finally, here it is: the beta version of Harry Potter Wizards Unite is launched! We reveal the first minutes of the game.... UnfortunatelyIt is...
- Get ready and be ready to play Harry Potter Wizards Unite as soon as it is released! As you know, Harry Potter Wizards Unite is soon to be released in France. Currently, the game is being beta released in New Zealand: once the game is...
- Wi-Fi: Several security vulnerabilities discovered in mobiles and PCs Broadcom is back in the spotlight after the discovery of several vulnerabilities within the drivers of its Wi-Fi chipsets. Exploiting these...
- How to install and play Harry Potter Wizards Unite on Android? Expected for ages by Harry Potter franchise fans, the mobile game Wizards Unite has made its debut on Google Play in beta version. The game is still...