HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s subscription video-on-demand service. Available since May 2020 in the United States, it is not available everywhere….
Disney Plus: It is already possible to download the app, but it is not available to everyonePublié le
Mickey’s going to war with Netflix. The Disney+ application, Disney’s SVOD platform that is supposed to compete with Netflix, has appeared on Google Play. The publication of the application was planned for next November, but Disney has decided to make a prelaunch in the Netherlands. the application was finally published in the rest of Europe (except France) on March 24th. Here is how to download the application.
Update of November 12, 2019: The Disney+ application is now available for download in the United States, Canada and the Netherlands. Users have the possibility to test the streaming service for free for 7 days.
How to download Disney+ before anyone else?
Two methods are available to you:
- Downloading the APK directly from Logitheque
- Downloading Disney+ with a VPN or Proxy application
If you choose the first method, click on the link below to retrieve the official Disney+ APK. You will also need to install the “Config” and “Config.xhdpi” files for this to work.
If your smartphone is equipped with an Android version prior to Android 8.0, you will need to allow applications from unknown sources to be installed in its security settings. Remember to disable this setting once the installation is done.
You can also download Disney+ by simulating your geographical position. As the application is only available in a handful of countries, you only need to use a VPN with a Dutch, American, Canadian or Australian server to bypass the geographical restriction of Google Play.
Once your VPN is activated, clear the Google Play application cache to access the Dutch catalogue. In some cases, it is better to use a second Google account for this method to work. If, despite everything, the application does not appear in the catalog, you simply have to open the Disney + Google Play link method while being connected behind the VPN.
Disney Plus Android: what you need to know
Here is the information you need to know about the Disney Plus application on Android:
- For the moment, the application is only accessible from Canada, the United States and the Netherlands
- On some devices, installation via the APK fails.
- The application can be downloaded by bypassing the geographical restriction using a VPN.
- Disney seems to have blocked some VPNs and proxies. It is therefore not possible to create a Disney + account if you are connected to a VPN.
The text contains slag when using a VPN
- Creating an account is still possible without a VPN, but the user will not be able to complete his registration. Without finalizing the registration (choice of annual or monthly offer), it is impossible to access the service.
In conclusion, be patient. The next phase of the launch of Disney+ will start next March in Europe.
NB: The iOS version of Disney+ can also be downloaded from the Netherlands.
Article originally published on 12 September 2019
Autres articles sur le même sujet
The new version of FIFA is coming on October 6th. Usually, EA Sports gives players a preview of the game…