Microsoft is gradually phasing out several of its flagship products
Microsoft has announced the end of support for some forums for several of its products. On June 8, the firm announced that its employees would no longer provide technical assistance on the dedicated forums. There will no longer be any monitoring, proactive review or processing of user requests.
Which products are affected by this measure?
Here is the list of programs, operating systems and products concerned:
- Internal Explorer 10
- Microsoft Security Essential
- Office 2010 and 2013
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 8.1 RT
- Surface Pro and Pro 2, Surface 2 and RT
- The Microsoft Band
- Some mobile devices
- The Zune
While some of these forums will remain open, others will be closed. This is the case, for example, of the Microsoft Band connected bracelet forum, whose users are invited to go to the Microsoft Band 2 forum, where it will no longer be possible to post questions in the Zune forum, but Microsoft will allow navigation. Finally, support for mobile devices (Mobile Devices) will now be available in the Other Windows Mobile Devices forum.
Soon the end of Windows 7 will come soon
This end of support on the forums gradually bury Windows 7 and 8.1 already at the end of the cycle. In a year and a half, in January 2020, the extended support for Windows 7 will be permanently stopped. As for Windows 8.1, users can still count on the support extended until January 10, 2023.
Author : Nicolas JJE
- Laisser un avis
Articles on the Same Subject
- The new Microsoft Edge wants to help users delete their browsing data Each web browser has its own settings and it is not always easy to find a specific option in some browsers. Even on the side of Chromium, which is...
- Huawei case: what consequences for users? Google suspends its relationship with Huawei. The American octopus decided to cut off contact with the Chinese manufacturer following a radical...
- Attention! Gmail keeps track of everything you buy on the Internet! Every day its new discovery concerning the functioning of Google services. Today, we are learning that your Gmail account is a wealth of information...
- Here is the solution to the Windows 10 recovery problem that no longer works after an update Updates allow you to adopt the new version of a system, make improvements or fix bugs. Unfortunately, some Windows updates also contain bugs. In some...